HAVE THE SRIPTURE READ FOR YOU

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

 VICTORIOUS SHOUT

VICTORIOUS SHOUT


The body of Jesus is now in extremes, and He can feel the chill of death creeping through His tissue. This realization brings out His sixth words, 'It is finished.' John 19:30. He has perfectly finished. As a substitute on my and your behalf, He has borne my sins, sorrows and sickness and put and end to it on the cross. He tasted the death on my behalf on the cruel cross. He removed the barrier between mankind and God; the great gulf and the separation were done away by Christ Jesus alone. Now He alone stands as a mediator between God and mankind. He did not come to form or make a religion so that people can follow different ways and fight to establish their own. He came and was sent from God side to be the only mediator between God and man 1Tim. 2:5-6 . That is why when one of His Apostles asked, Lord, show me the way; Jesus Christ replied, that “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one come to the Father except through me John 14:6.

It is finished - The sufferings and agonies in redeeming man are over. The work long contemplated, long promised, long expected by prophets and saints, is done. The toils in the ministry, the persecutions and mockeries, and the pangs of the garden and the cross, are ended, and man is redeemed. What a wonderful declaration was this! How full of consolation to man! And how should this dying declaration of the Saviour reach every heart and affect every soul!

It is finished - As if he had said: “I have executed the great designs of the Almighty - I have satisfied the demands of his justice - I have accomplished all that was written in the prophets, and suffered the utmost malice of my enemies; and now the way to the holy of holies is made manifest through my blood.” An awful, yet a glorious finish. Through this tragical death God is reconciled to man, and the kingdom of heaven opened to every believing soul.

“Shout heaven and earth, this Sum of good to Man!”

No comments: